A double corrective backrest that adjusts to fit you
Sophisticated design to the last detail using the latest technology
Adapts to every user
Can be adjusted at any time according to current needs
For everyday loading into the car
The average size of a double backrest weighs only 1,8 kg
Libella Backrest Varia is a variable, individually adjustable backrest system for wheelchairs. It gradually adapts to the user, significantly eliminating the risk of further postural deformities and associated health complications. The elegant, sophisticated design with user-friendly functional elements emphasizes high strength, low weight and breathability. It uses the latest materials and technologies – lightweight aluminum alloys, carbon fiber and 3D printing.
We know what is going on with your spine and torso when you sit in a wheelchair for long period of time.
The backrest acts in the primary and secondary prevention of deformations of the torso of the wheelchair user. It is an indication of corrective support in persons with muscle imbalance or imbalance in muscle tone or correction of the pathological sitting posture of free deformities, as well as support of fixed trunk deformities.
Its variability therefore allows both moderate correction and unloading for preventive purposes or adjustment to address more significant deformities (hyperkyphosis, scoliosis, rotoscoliosis, hyperlordosis) with very sensitive adjustment according to the individual needs of the user.
It gradually adapts to the user and significantly eliminates the risk of further postural deformities and associated health complications.
How does Libella Backrest Varia work?
The Libella Backrest Varia consists of two individually adjustable backrest parts and thus allows optimal support of the torso in the lumbar and thoracic spine and pelvis. It is therefore suitable for people with greater torso instability or greater need for correction in the longer spine section.
The joint system allows individual adjustment for each user with the necessary support and the possibility of correcting the sitting position according to the current state of health. The main advantage of the product is the possibility of its repeated adjustment, i.e. it gradually adapts to its user over time and according to the control and correct adjustment by the occupational therapist, the posture is gradually corrected.
What does Libella Backrest Varia consist of?
- The backrest is assembled in two parts, made in different sizes, ergonomic shapes and depth contours. All types are compatible with each other and up to twenty-four different combinations can be made to create both symmetrical and highly asymmetrical torso support for optimal seating correction. The two parts of the back support are connected by a solid carbon plate with grooves for horizontal displacement of the backrest against the butterfly shape of the sacroiliac joint.
- The 3D spacer fabric design is breathable, fits tightly, distributes pressure well and does not bunch up. There is no further risk of decubitus. The coating has been designed with a focus on strength and sewing quality. It is removable and machine washable.
- The arms assembly with thousand-point joints is made of lightweight aluminum alloys. Its durable construction ensures that its properties and settings do not change during use. The adjustable assembly includes six joints for height, forward extension and vertical back angle. Rotation about the vertical axis is made possible by the clamping joints of the forged backrest crosses. At each end of the arm assembly, there is a butterfly-shaped part for the horizontal movement of the back parts, which also forms a clamp joint allowing the back parts to be adjusted to a horizontal angle of 20°.
- Mechanical attachment of the backrest to the wheelchair in two versions according to the type of wheelchair for fixed and foldable frame.
Variable attachment to wheelchair frame
- Installing the backrest using the clamp on the rear cross-section fixed frame of the wheelchair. This system is available in two versions — non-removable from the wheelchair (fixed mounted) and removable — secured by an eccentric lock against falling out of the wheelchair. The clamp offers different options of sealing for frame cross tubes with diameters from 18 to 26 mm.
- Mounting of the backrest using the cross frame with hooks that fit onto the transition clamps attached to the side frame profiles. The backrest is secured against falling out of the trolley by a simple locking system. Different types of rubber seals ensure that the clamps can be fitted to different frame diameters and profiles.
Price and health insurance payment
* The price is valid from the 1st of September 2023 and includes the initial examination and diagnosis of the seat. The delivery time of the backrest from the creation of a binding order is 1 - 2 months.